top of page

Baronet & Coronet

993 3rd Ave. S.

Upper East Side

(closed 9/13, 2001)


The Queen’s theatre opened in 1914 until renamed the Arcadia Theatre in 1929.  Around 1951 it became the Baronet.  In 1962 a second screen was added by building the Coronet on top of the Baronet.  It became one of the hottest theatres for first run films in NYC’s Upper East Side.  A remodel to join the entrances was done in 1989, with total seating of 418 in the Baronet and 600 in the Coronet. But the famous façade (drawn in it’s pristine appearance) declined over the next 25 years and closed 9/13/2001.  It was eventually demolished to make way for office space.

Baronet & Coronet


Buy 5 NYC Theatre prints, get the 6th one free!

  •  All prints ship from Minnesota at no additional cost.

  •  This print is available in 2 sizes:


    1) 11" x 6.25" - $40.00

    2) 14.5" x 7.5" - $55.00

bottom of page